Technology User Agreement Contract
- Only registered students and currently employed staff or faculty of Wilmington University may check out equipment.
- Borrowers must have no billing holds on their library or student account.
- Borrower must present Student ID when picking up equipment.
- Borrower must read and agree to this User Agreement Contract and abide by the University's Policy on Computer Use.
- The library reserves the right to suspend borrowing privileges to students who do not abide by this contract and/or repeatedly fail to return the laptop on time.
- Laptops are reserved on a first come first served basis.
- Laptops must be returned to the original checkout location
- Laptops must be returned to a library staff person.
- Laptops may be checked out for 7 days with the possibility of renewal. Renewals are not available during peak usage times.
- Requests for renewal can be made by calling the New Castle Campus Library or the Dover Learning Commons during operational hours
- After returning the Laptop, you can place another reservation for a Laptop by accessing the form http://wilmu.libwizard.com/laptop
Fines and Damages
- A $15.00 late fee per day will be assessed if the laptop and accessories (hard case, charging brick, charging cord and bag) are returned past its due date. The charging brick late fee is $1 per day. Fines will be recorded on the borrower’s library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- The laptop and accessories must be turned in together at check-in.
- Laptops must be returned in person by the borrower. Upon return, staff members will check condition of equipment and students will need to sign the Return Agreement Form.
- Users should refrain from eating while using the laptop.
- Users are required to report any problems experienced with the equipment during their borrowing period.
- Users are responsible for damage to and/or loss or theft of loaned laptops and accessories.
- The replacement cost for a lost, stolen, or damaged Laptop is $600.00. If a Laptop is 3 days overdue, it is considered lost or stolen, and the borrower will be charged for its replacement. If repairable, damage charges will be assessed based on the actual repair costs.
- A charge of $50.00 will be assessed for each lost charging brick and/or charging cord.
- A charge of $40.00 will be assessed for a lost hard case.
Personal Data and Equipment Information
- The Laptops (Dell Latitude 3150) have a battery life of approximately 5 hours, are WiFi capable and have a 12“screen. The Laptop runs Windows 7 and comes with Microsoft Office 2013 suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. They have 2 USB and 1 HDMI outlet with a SD Card reader. The Laptops come with a hard shell case charging brick, cord and bag.
- To extend the life of the battery, remember to shut off Laptop when not in use.
- Remember to back up your files before shutting down! Students are responsible for saving any work to a flash drive. Any data or documents saved to the Laptop will be permanently erased when equipment is restarted. No data can be retrieved!
- If you need technology support for the Laptop, please call 1-877-708-2905.
Steps for Connecting to WilmU WiFi
Students must login to the laptop using their myWilmU credentials at checkout prior to leaving campus!
- Turn laptop on, and then select Log Off from the Start Menu
- When the login fields are displayed, login using your myWilmU email address and password
- You should be connected automatically to the WilmU WiFi, but you can check for the available Network by clicking on the Internet Access Icon in the taskbar (bottom right hand corner of the screen)
Steps for Connecting to WilmU WiFi
- From the Laptop desktop, click on the Internet Access Icon in the taskbar (bottom right hand corner of the screen)
- Choose a Network that you have access to
- Locked networks will require you to enter a password to gain access. You will have to enter the Network password each time the Laptop is restarted!