The Statistical Abstract of the United States is a great place to find statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the U.S. If you are looking for the numbers/data to support your research, look no further!
5 Reasons to Use the Statistical Abstracts Collection for Better Research, Better Learning and Better Insights
1. It’s authoritative! The tables provided within the Statistical Abstracts Collection are vetted and come from reliable sources.
2. It’s easy! With a Google-like search box and browse navigation options, the simple interface makes it easy to find facts.
3. It’s cross-curricular! Nearly 200,000 tables are included on topics as diverse as elections, health and energy, supporting research in a wide variety of areas.
4. It develops research skills! The tables promote numerical literacy and allow students to understand how to perform evidence-based research, both of which are objectives supported by the Common Core standards.
5. It’s interesting! Stay aware of trends with up-to-date facts about current issues in the U.S. and around the world with compendia from more than 70 countries.
Text from 5 Reasons to Use the Statistical Abstracts Collection for Better Research, Better Learning and Better Insights | https://proquest.libguides.com/ld.php?content_id=46234982
Here are just some of the stats found within the collection.