The Statistical Abstract of the United States is a great place to find statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the U.S. If you are looking for the numbers/data to support your research, look no further!
Below are five reasons to start using this resource:
1. It’s authoritative! The tables provided within the Statistical Abstracts Collection are vetted and come from reliable sources.
2. It’s easy! With a Google-like search box and browse navigation options, the simple interface makes it easy to find facts.
3. It’s cross-curricular! Nearly 200,000 tables are included on topics as diverse as elections, health and energy, supporting research in a wide variety of areas.
4. It develops research skills! The tables promote numerical literacy and allow students to understand how to perform evidence-based research, both of which are objectives supported by the Common Core standards.
5. It’s interesting! Stay aware of trends with up-to-date facts about current issues in the U.S. and around the world with compendia from more than 70 countries.
Text from 5 Reasons to Use the Statistical Abstracts Collection for Better Research, Better Learning and Better Insights | https://proquest.libguides.com/ld.php?content_id=46234982
Here are just some of the stats found within the collection.